- The purpose of the Taipei Municipal Drainage System Overview Planning has been to conduct an all-out investigation on Taipei municipal rainwater drainage way, and to review, develop and establish a computerized rainwater drainage waterway database, and to seek enhancement to design criteria assessment and analysis, establish a parameter for future rainwater drainage waterway infrastructure and management, in an attempt to excel rainwater drainage waterway management efficient, avail the citizens with basic on rainwater drainage waterway infrastructure, and offer references in decision-making for revamping pertinent organization and task force assembly.
- The scope of the Taipei Municipal Drainage System Overview Planning, for the sheer volume of tasks involved and the necessity of incremental budgets allocated by the municipal government, has the project divided into three parts and to be implemented in three phases as detailed below,
(1) Part 1: To develop and instill a Taipei municipal rainwater drainage waterway database.
- Phase 1: Overall planning for instilling a computerized system for gathering Taipei municipal rainwater drainage waterway data.
- Phase 2: Establish the parameter for surveying and collecting pertinent data on the second and third proposed zoning.
- Phase 3: To establish the parameter for data survey and collection on the first and fourth proposed zoning, and to complete developing and installing a computer hardware/software system.
(2) Part 2: To conduct an investigative overview on the rainwater drainage waterways across the City of Taipei.
- Phase 1: To investigate and review city-wide conduits measuring 1.2m and larger.
- Phase 2: To investigate and review conduits measuring up to 1.2m throughout the second and third proposed zoning, and to review the state of cleanup by the tunneling vehicle.
- Phase 3: To investigate and review conduits measuring up to 1.2m throughout the first and forth proposed zoning, and to review the state of cleanup by the tunneling vehicle.
(3) Part 3: To validation the overall data, conduct findings review and topical study
- Phase 1: To establish the parameter on objectives of future development and management of rainwater drainage waterway in Taipei City, and to complete data validation and findings review on the second and third proposed zoning.
- Phase 3: To conduct assessment and analysis on the existing rainwater drainage waterway design criteria, and to complete data validation and findings analysis on the first and forth proposed zoning.
- Phase one of the project covers tasks classified under phase two of part three, and phase two tasks under phase three of part three, pending a satisfactory budget review by the City Council for phase-two tasks.
- Breakdown of validation for the measurement data surveyed are to cover data including surface control survey, altitude control survey and investigative survey on the manholes, conduits, open trenches, canal waterways and branch trenches, where the validation criteria are determined by prescribed precision levels and permissible tolerance stipulated in the zoning implementation guide.
- Breakdown of validation for the tunneling vehicle cleanup inspection data is to encompass a voluntary checklist on implementing quality, removal implementing log, tunneling vehicle inspection video footage, length of cleanup removal performed and so forth.
- Validation for the investigative and survey data on the state of cleanup by the tunneling vehicle is conducted via a random inspection mode, conducted primarily by classifying each individual water collecting area of a pumping station as a basic unit, where 10% of a given length is randomly inspected in a given unit and deemed satisfactory when the accuracy of the number of sampling reaches a 90% dependability.
- The method of validation entails field validation and comparison at the site where the random inspection is performed and processed as per the parameters defined by the project implementation guide.
- The site where the tunneling vehicle review is conducted is to be fully monitoring by assigned personnel, who are responsible for progress monitoring, sediment removal validation, emergency response, workers’ safety and health compliance, as well as routine data sorting and submittal for review by the Construction Maintenance Division.
- Breakdown of validation for the GIS installation data encompasses the investigation and survey data, computer graphic files, digitized data files on existing completed drawings, data hierarchy files, and improvement planning graphic files.
- Validation on the GIS installation data shall be based on the criteria of demands concluded from the findings of the overall computerized system planning for instilling a Taipei Municipal rainwater drainage waterway database.
- Validation on the GIS installation data is to be conducted via random sampling, polling 10% of the data in a given unit at each pumping station as the general principle, where a site is regarded satisfactory when all data in a random inspection meet a prescribed criteria.
- Review of pertinent findings reports consists of,
1) Overall planning for establishing the parameter for installing a computerized database system on rainwater drainage waterways throughout the City of Taipei;
2) A comprehensive analysis and review on the current rainwater drainage waterway system at the second and third proposed zoning areas.
3) To propose and draft improvement measures for flooding-prone areas at the second and third proposed zoning areas.
4) To conclude anticipated outlook on future rainwater drainage waterway development and management.
- The main focus in the review of pertinent findings reports entails accuracy, completeness, feasibility and universal applicability.
- The execution of the project is to be made to coincide with the anticipated yield concluded from the Taipei Municipal Drainage System Review Planning for the purpose of ascertaining the accuracy and reliability of survey data vs. the results of cleanup by the tunneling vehicle, ensuring the feasibility of a sound improvement proposal and its sequence of priority, the comprehensiveness and feasibility of the topical study report, the universal adaptability of the computerized database and so forth.
- The crucial key behind the project lies in deciphering the demand of the Maintenance and Construction Division by defining in advance pertinent validation criteria and methods which would ensure a smooth execution of the survey tasks, together with necessary manpower allocation, in anticipation that project goals be met within a specified time frame.